Saturday, April 9, 2011
Great Job Men! You pushed the Clanners back out of the city, achiving all the objectives. We did lose Mechwarrior "Scrapper" to an ERPPC headshot from Star Captain Teixeira. With the firepower you guys faced, I'm thankful we didn't lose more.
First up the Killboard. This is it set in stone, don't like it too bad. Kills are awarded for bold actions, doing or saying something that makes most or everyone in the room laugh, and whenever I feel like it. Anyways here it is for Mission #8.
(OOC: If you have a yellow area next to your name, You have some options.
Mitch and Jeff: If you get me a dossier (name, brief story and image of your character) The extra kill will bump you up a level for an additional skill.
The two D's
Dereck: Need you to select your Veteran skill...if you want you can take a 3rd Regular skill.
Derek: Need your two regular skills, and a callsign.
Can't release the updated mech list until I get your skills...)
More OOC: The only Blue Falcon that got a kill was Derek...who already had the top selection spot due to Dead Mechwarrior Rule.
Mech Selection order....
1) Derek (Dead Mechwarrior Rule)
So here we are...Skill guys, pick your skills. Once I have your skills I'll release the Kurita mechs and the salvage you got.
For the record, the Diakyu, Crockett and StarSlayer were all scrapped. The Hunchback IIC is being repaired and will be available for the next match.
The Combine is offering us a boat load of c3 mechs if we take that route. They are also willing to swap our current mechs Chassis for an upgraded version. So when it comes time to pick I'll list the possible upgrades to your current mech for you. Then you will have to tell me either your pick of the Kurita mechs or the variant upgrade you would want, or if you just want to stay in your current mech.
Example: Mitch's pick and he likes the Atlas, Kurita has 3 upgrades available to the Atlas. One with a C3Master, One with a C3Slave and a 3050 variant that updates the weaponry. If Mitch doesn't want one of the mechs Kurita gives him, he can take the upgrade instead, or he can stay in the 3025 version (the only one with a standard engine).
Wednesday, April 6, 2011
Tuesday, April 5, 2011
The C3 Lance is pretty simple, one Master and 3 Slaves. All can use the targeting range from any other mech in the lance.
C3 Company gets a little more confusing. To link all three lances an extra C3 master is required. This can be done with the "Command lance" and one mech having two C3 Masters in it (Configuration A) or having two mechs in the command lance with one C3Master each (Configuration B). This allows the whole company to share range data with one another.
Just ignore the C3i chart. That is a Comstar / Word of Blake invention that shows up after the time frame of Operation Bulldog.
Anyway here are a list of the Chassis that have Double C3M, Single C3M, and finally C3Slaves. Know that C3Masters are 5 tons a piece...so the Double C3M mechs are giving up 10 tons of weapons / armor to run the network. For the campaign we will only be using the canon designs for the C3 mechs. So if your mech isn't listed here and you want to be part of the C3 network (if you guys get one) plan on changing rides.
* by the mechs I have Minis for...
** for those that I have with the Kurita red/gray and back banner paint jobs.
Double C3 Master Equipped mechs
• BattleMaster **
• Cyclops *
• Naginata **
C3 Master equipped mechs.
• BattleMaster **
• Crockett / Katana *
• Cyclops *
• Daimyo **
• Grand Dragon (3070) **
• Gunslinger **
• Hatamoto-Chi **
• Komodo **
• Lao Hu
• Mongoose II **
• Naginata **
C3 slave equipped mech
• Archer *
• Atlas *
• Banshee *
• Berserker *
• Black Watch
• Blackjack *
• Bombardier *
• Catapult *
• Charger *
• Clint *
• Crab **
• Crockett / Katana *
• Crusader **
• Daikyu **
• Fafnir *
• Firestarter (OmniMech) *
• Grand Dragon **
• Grasshopper *
• Hatamoto-Chi **
• Hatchetman *
• Hermes *
• Hitman **
• Hunchback *
• Jenner **
• Kintaro **
• Longbow *
• Marauder *
• Mauler **
• Mongoose II **
• Naginata **
• Panther **
• Quickdraw *
• Raven *
• Rifleman *
• Sentinel **
• Sha Yu
• Spider *
• Stealth *
• Trebuchet *
• Venom **
• Victor *
• War Dog *
• Warhammer *
• Whitworth *
• Wight *
• Wolverine **
Clan Smoke Jaguar is set the tone for how they would deal with those that would oppose their rule early in the invasion. The actions they took on Turtle Bay had the opposite effect that they had hoped for. Rather than remove all thoughts of resistance from the minds of the former Draconis Combine populace, their resolve has hardened. Resistance Cells went further underground, and their strikes became more damaging to the Jaguar war machine.
The planet of Turtle Bay has numerous rings, providing spectacular views from both orbit and ground. Most of the planets heavy industries are based in space, primarily asteroid mining in the planet's rings, and the refining of the ore into raw materials. This leaves the planet's cities serene and free of large industrial complexes.
Edo was the capital city of Turtle Bay, prior to 3050. In May of that year, the Smoke Jaguars came and conquered the world. Hohiro Kurita, eldest son and heir to the Dragon throne, was injured and captured whilst defending the world. With the Smoke Jaguars unaware of who they had captured, Hohiro was interned in the infamous Kurushiiyama (Pain Mountain) correctional facility. The local Yakuza clan, the Ryugawa-gumi, with help from Shin Yodama, were able to rescue Hohiro, and then began a campaign of resistance against the Smoke Jaguars. After 6 weeks of rioting, and with the Smoke Jaguars unwilling to send in front line troops forces to assist their garrison forces, the city of Edo was razed from orbit. The local Jaguar commander unleashed the full power of his WarShip on the city of Edo. The Sawagashii river was boiled away to nothing, and all that remains of a city of over 1 million people is a charred, glassy scar on the face of the planet. Resistance across the rest of Turtle Bay ceased over night.
All this is to say, the Jaguars are not above leveling a city to make a point. That is what they are attempting to do in Kobe here on Port Arthur. Luckily, they lack the Warship they had over Turtle Bay. So they sent in two stars of mechs to do the job. Combine commanders are aware of what is going on at Kobe. I've been informed that if we are able to protect the Capitol building, Morimoto Castle, and any civilians caught in the city we will be rewarded. The Combine is willing to provide us with a Full C3 networked company if we achieve all three objectives. They will either modify our current mechs adding the C3Master / C3Slave systems (to a canon C3 variant of our chassis, no custom jobs) or provide us with new/replacement mechs if we want. It is almost unheard of for the Combine to share this tech, so they must really be concerned with those buildings...or they have a VIP down among the populace they want rescued.
Before you get too excited, be aware that at least one of the Clan mechs in Kobe has an ECM system. This ECM system will block sensors, as well as some other equipment your mechs might have. So pinpointing your enemy might require line of sight...until you drop the ECM mech. You will be able to tell if your sensors are not working in a certain area of the city. (The ECM has a 12" radius about the ECM mech).
Go get em...
Hold up one more thing...
With all the mechs selected, The NAIS folks took back the unclaimed Jagermech III prototype. They were a little disappointed their new design was to be left in the mech bay and left in a huff. Oh well, they will get over it.
OOC: Dave can make it on Friday, so if everyone shows we will have 12 Players!!! Dave took the Exterminator and the Laser skill.
Battle Value of the game comes out to 23,260 for you guys, 25,497 for the clanners. Biggest game we have had yet...as far as points on the table.
Still working on that video and pics...
Monday, April 4, 2011
With the game just 4 days away, Figured I would give you guys a refresher on the new rules we will be using for this fight. We will only be using one 6' x 4' table of this battle, so it is gonna get messy really quick.
1) Sensors. These rules are not part of the regular rules. They are something I have made up for campaign play with a GM vs. numerous opponents. Many of you have the "Sensors" skill. This will let you see "units" that are out of LOS. I represent these units with little blocks of wood. Those of you with sensor skill will see these units 24" away. you of course will relay the info to your teammates so I'll just put the block on the table. Scott has Sensors and a Beagle Active Probe in his Black Knight. This will let him see 36" and be able to detect if the "Unit" is a Battlemech or a Tank. How come the clanners don't worry about this rule? Well, the only "skills" I give the clanners is the Sensor skills, They all have the "Sensor Elite" skill (4th one up the tree) which lets them see the exact unit they are fighting out to 60". Don't complain, they could have the other skills just like you guys.
2) Skidding. When you attempt to make a turn on Pavement with your battlemech, there is a chance you will slip and fall. These big machines aren't wearing Nikes. If you make a turn then attempt to enter another hex while standing in a paved hex, you must make a piloting check. If you fail the check, you will fall and skid. There is a modifer to your roll depending on how far you already moved that turn. So making the turn when you first start, your modifer will help you. If you sprint down the road make a turn then try to advance another inch, the modifer will make it tougher. I'll have some tables printed up and on the wall to help you decide if you really want to try that turn. Many of the buildings have some grass around them, try to make your turns on that so you don't have to make the roll. If you fall, you will skid 1/2 the distance you already traveled this turn in the direction you were traveling before the skid. This can result in you sliding into a building, doing ramming damage to the building and to yourself. The other way to avoid having to make the roll is to turn at the end of your move and don't go any further.
3) Rubble. When a building comes down it creates an area of rubble. Moving through rubble cost you an extra hex (2") of movement. So essentially it will cost you double. You also need to make a straight up piloting check for every 2" of movement through or turn you make when in rubble.
4) Moving through buildings. You may (or the clanners might) move into a building at the ground level. Doing so will do 10% of your mechs weigth damage to the building for every 2" you move through. So the 100 ton Atlas entering the building will do 10 points of damage to the building. For every 2" or turn you make you must make a Piloting skill roll, not to avoid falling over, but to avoid taking damge to your mech. There is a modifier depending upon the building. The 40 point buildings are at a +1, the 80 pointers are at +2. The two your are to defend are at a +3...please don't enter those. Why would I want to enter a building you may ask. Well, you can shoot at units inside buildings (so long as they are within 2" of the edge you are aiming at). The building will "shield" the unit inside taking 10% of the buildings current CF off from the shot. So a building with 80CF will take the first 8 points off the first shot.
5) Collapsing Buildings. When a building comes down it's footprint is replaced with rubble. The rubble is not one level high and will not provide partial cover. I have some small rocks that I use to represent Rubble. Units inside buildings that collapse will take damage equal to 10% of the CF of the building at the start of the turn, multiplied by the number of levels (inches) high the building is. This damage is broken into 5pt groups. I think the tallest building on the table is 4" tall, so at worst case, you would take 32 damage. If your mech is on the roof, when a building collapses, you will take standard falling damage which is more severe depending on how tall the building is. So try not to be on top of that 4" tall building, you'll take 5X normal falling damage.
|What the rubble and walls looks like...|
I hope to post a Video or still shots of the city before the end of the week.