Was a very good mission for us as far as lost mechs go. We only lost three. The Crockett, Daikyu and Starslayer. The hunchback IIC went down with arm and leg losses and Fulow is putting them back on as we speak.
OOC: All those pics I took from the new camera came out poor. That will learn me for taking pics with a video camcorder. Oh well. I'll use the old digital camera next time. (Lame AAR I know)
Salvage wise, we landed The Chassis, Head, Gyro and Engine of the Kraken! So we just needed to replace the weapon systems we took out. We managed to pull an UltraAC10 off the wreck of the Cougar you guys downed. With the UltraAC10 we landed from an earlier mission...We have a fully functioning Kraken 2 in our mechbay.
OOC: Here is where it will get confusing.
The Draconis Combine folks were so pleased you saved the Capital and Palace that they are offering us a complete C3 networked company. They are also willing to swap out your current ride for an upgraded version of the same chassis.. With us salvaging the Kraken...I find it highly unlikely that all 12 of you will be in a C3 mech.
So you may want to discuss how many C3 lances you will want, I would lean toward 1 or 2. How many of you want to be part of the C3 company will determine how many C3Masters we will need. Here is the break down.
2-4 players = 1 C3 Master needed.
5-8 players = 3 C3 Masters needed. (Two can be in one mech, Naginata NG-C3B)
9-12 players = 4 C3 Masters needed. (Two can be in one mech, Naginata NG-C3B)
Here are the mechs they are offering, you can take the single or double C3Master version of the Naginata but not both...(click for larger image)
And here is the mechbay...
Further more...here are your upgrade options if you choose to take their offer to upgrade your mech. If you're not listed here, don't take it personal...just that House Kurita doesn't have an upgrade for that chassis you are in.
Mitch: You can upgrade your Atlas AS7-D to...
- AS7-K - An 3050's Combine upgrade of the Atlas that used rediscovered Star League technology, the K model was built with an XL Engine that reduced the weight of the engine by half. The 'Mech was been rearmed for long range combat, the 'Mech carried a Imperator Dragon's Fire Gauss Rifle and an Shigunga LRM-20. These were backed up by a pair of Victory Nickel Alloy ER Large Lasers, which allowed the AS7-K to keep an enemy at range, though the use of single heat sinks caused swift heat buildup if both lasers are fired repeatedly. For close range defense, the K model carried two Victory Heartbeat Medium Pulse Lasers and a Yori Flyswatter Anti-Missile System. Finally, CASE had been added to the side torsos to protect against an ammunition explosion. BV (1.0) = 1,649
- AS7-C - A modification of the K model, the C model was intended to carry a C3 Slave unit into combat. This was achieved by removing one of the Medium Pulse Lasers from the K model. The extra free ton was used to add another heat sink to the design. BV (1.0) = 1,650
- AS7-CM - Another modification of the K model of the Atlas, the CM Atlas was designed to carry a C3 Master Computer into battle. In order to do this one of the ER Large Lasers was removed and in its place a C3 Master computer was installed, allowing it to coordinate a C3 lance. BV (1.0) = 1,725
- CRD-5K - The 5K Crusader is a complete upgrade produced by Cosby BattleMech Research Firm. The chassis has been redesigned using Endo Steel construction techniques and the engine has been upgraded to an XL Engine. The 'Mechs armament has been completely overhauled as well. The primary weapons are two Shigunga MRM 30 launchers and, as secondary weapons, it carries two Victory 23R Medium Lasers and two Victory Heartbeat Medium Pulse Lasers. To allow the 5K to share targeting data, it also carries a C3 Slave Unit. Finally, to vent waste heat, the 'Mech uses eleven double heat sinks and is protected with twelve tons of armor with CASE to protect itself from ammunition explosions. BV (1.0) = 1,223
- GHR-6K - The 6K variant of the Grasshopper upgrades the design by using an Endo Steel chassis and the 'Mechs heat sinks have been upgraded to double heat sinks. The LRM-5 launcher has been replaced with a Guided Technologies 2nd Generation Streak SRM-4 missile launcher and the 'Mech carries five Medium Pulse Lasers for close range combat. For long-range situations, the Grasshopper carries an ER Large Laser. The 'Mech also carries a C3 slave unit to allow it to share targeting data with friendly units. BV (1.0) = 1,484
What ever mechs are unselected or left behind will be removed from the roster and sent north to help up there. If one of the guys that has the upgrade choice gets out of their mech someone else can jump in and take the upgrade if they want.
With Mitch's C3Master option you could do the 4 C3masters all in separate mechs. The Double C3 master provided with the Naginata is ok, but the mech is a lot better with just the single C3Master. The mechs you have that can't link into the C3 network are...Kraken, Hunchback IIC, Flashman, Guillotine, Black Knight, Exterminator, and Champion.
I can see 3 paths to take...
A) Eleven C3 mechs + Kraken. Single C3Masters in Atlas, Naginata, Gunslinger and Battlemaster. Or maybe 10 C3 if Gregg wants the Hunchback IIC again.
B) Eleven C3 mechs + Kraken Double C3 in Naginata, Single in Battlemaster and Gunslinger, Atlas a slave.
C) Eight C3 mechs + Kraken +3 other non C3 (HBack IIC?, Flashman?, Unupgraded Atlas?) Single C3Masters in Naginata, Gunslinger, Battlemaster.
Any other path is going to waste tonnage from a C3Master being unused / or unclaimed and I can't see an Assault mech getting passed up..
OOC: Time to get picking...
As mentioned in the prior post...here is the selection order.
1) Derek (Dead Mechwarrior Rule)
Available mechs are:
Kraken, Naginata, Gunslinger, Battlemaster, Hatamoto-Chi, Mauler, Warhammer, Grand Dragon, Catapult, Kintaro, Crab, Venom, Hitman.
Derek your pick. If any of you have any questions feel free to email or comment here on the blog.